"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago - or today."
That is why we decided again to get together with you and plant a forest. Our joint initiative to make the world a better place to live has worked great. Thanks to you we have planted almost 8,000 new trees in one weekend. Let's take a look at the steps we've taken together to a successful end:
1. 7,996 trees were planted in one week.
2. Dedoles purchased a total of 50,000 trees to be planted in the Tatra Mountains by the end of 2019.
3. Dedoles customers contributed 28,433.27 $ through Dedoles Change.
4. 720 volunteers came and planted a tree personally.
5. In total, approximately 40 ha of land will be afforested.
6. While planting, we again followed the principles of permaculture (we planted especially firs and larches) – providing suitable conditions for the trees that support their growth.
CAN I STILL JOIN?
You can do so thanks to Dedoles Change, which works as follows: In the last step of the order, you may choose to round up the amount of your order to the nearest
$. You can contribute the change to funding projects that support tree planting, environmental protection, and socially disadvantaged groups. You can read more here.
READ MORE ABOUT PLANTING:
7,996 trees were planted under the professional supervision of the State Forests of TANAP during public planting in the Western Tatras in Roháče on 5-6 October 2019. We consider this a great success, as the planting was accompanied by intense rain and snow. A total of 720 courageous volunteers participated in the planting.
Dedoles has contributed financially to the planting of 50,000 trees thanks to customer contributions, exceeding its original target 40,000 trees. These trees will be planted in the Tatra Mountains until the end of 2019. We planted mainly fir and larch trees, all under expert supervision. Anyone has access to the planting place. A total of 7 areas in Western Tatras (Roháče) in Slovakia were afforested. Specifically, the valleys of Primula, Bungalovy, Dlhá jama, Salatín, Tri panáky and Látaná.